Online Baccarat For Beginners – Punto Banco
The word Baccarat simply means ‘zero’ in Italian and online baccarat can be one of the most fun and profitable gambling games you can play online. After all if it’s good enough for James Bond it’s good enough for me, mind you I’m not certain he ever used to play in his pajamas at home with a couple of beers like I do.
I used to find the game a little intimidating บาคาร่าออนไลน์ but it’s actually one of the easier games to play in a casino when you understand it. If you like games of chance like roulette then online Baccarat could be for you especially as it offers some of the best odds of any casino game anywhere.
There are several versions of baccarat but the one most commonly played in casinos around the world is the version of baccarat called Punto Banco. This is purely a game of chance and luck as there is no real strategy involved apart from the betting, it’s great fun though and very simple to play.
First of all the values of the cards must be understood.
- All cards from 2-9 are worth their face value
- All Picture cards and 10s are worth 0
- All Aces are worth 0
A winning hand is to get as close a score to 9 as possible. There are three possible options to bid on, Player, Banker or Tie. That’s the players choice to bid on who is going to win out of the three possibilities, you decide your stake and then put your money down on one of the options.
Initially two cards are dealt to the ‘player’ and the ‘bank’ all the possibilities that happen after this are controlled automatically. If either the player or the bank scores and 8 or 9 on the initial draw this is called a ‘natural’ and the round ends – if you picked the right winner you win – normally your stake plus 95%. If there is a tie then your money goes on to the next round (unless you backed a tie).
All the rules are pretty much automatic, in that sense you don’t have to worry much about the game. Here’s a brief summary – with the players role first.
- Players initial total of 0-5 then the Player draws a single card.
- If the Player has an initial total of 6 or 7, then he must stand.
What the banker does depends on the bankers initial hand, and what happened to the player.
- Player doesn’t draw a card, then the Banker draws if he has 0-5, and stays if he has 6-7.
- Player draws a 2 or 3, the Banker must draw if he has 0-4, and stay if he has 5-7.
- Player draws a 4 or 5, the Banker must draw if he has 0-5, and stays if he has 6-7.
- Player draws a 6 or 7, the Banker must draw if he has 0-6, and stays if he has 7.
- Player draws an 8, the Banker draws if he has 0-2, and must stay if he has 3-7.
- Player draws an ace, 9, 10, or face-card, the Banker draws if he has 0-3, and stands if he has 4-7.
If it sounds confusing, believe me it isn’t – the best way to learn is to either go and watch a game or log on to a casino online and watch a free game of online baccarat and the rules will become clear very quickly. Remember the only decision you have to make is to back a tie, the player or the bank – after that it happens automatically, in fact you could actually win at online baccarat without understanding the rules!
The most fun place to play online baccarat is in a real online casino with a real dealer and live games. The best I’ve found is linked to a real casino in Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin. You play a real baccarat game in a real casino alongside all the other punters. There’s a free game which is wonderful fun as you can see all the other players and their bets – to try it click here –